Templates / Universal / Email alert (Error Handling)
Email alert (Error Handling)
An enabled alerting workflow can be set as:
- The alerting workflow for individual workflow(s) in the same workspace (org or personal)
- The alerting workflow for all workflows in the organization workspace
- The alerting workflow for all workflows in a user's personal workspace
This alerting workflow makes use of the Send Email connector to send a single alert message to a predefined email address.
The message will come through like this:
Information about the workflow that failed, along with a direct link to the error log itself, will be presented along with some other contextual information.
This workflow assumes the following:
- There is a personal or group e-mail address that is suitable for alerting messages from one or more of your production Tray workflows
- You have workflows in Tray that you wish to monitor with a workflow alert
The following screenshot illustrates the workflow:
The workflow is triggered by errors occurring in workflows which have set this workflow as their alerting workflow.
There are only two other connectors - the Mustache connector and the Send Email connector.
Since HTML code is used to make a formatted e-mail, the Mustache connector is used to insert data from the trigger into a block of HTML.
That output is then used in the Send Email connector to present an actionable, readable message for the end users.
To configure the workflow for your own use: