Templates / Universal / Check for new rows in Google Sheets
Check for new rows in Google Sheets
Fetching new rows in Google Sheets and sending them somewhere else is a very common requirement due to the infinite potential uses of Google Sheets.
This template allows your team to easily check for new rows in a google sheet and perform some action when new rows are found, such as:
- Sending them to a CRM
- Sending a notification to Slack
- Sending to the 100s of other connectors available in the Tray platform.
This Workflow closely imitates a trigger and runs every 5 minutes to pick up any new rows that have been added to a Google Sheet.
The following connectors are used in this template. This is mostly provided for reference only - there is no need to read through the linked connector pages. All you need to know for this template is explained here, although you will likely need to look up service authentication instructions:
Any time new rows are added to a Google Sheet:
This workflow will create a data object for each row:
Which can then be sent to any service of your choice.
For example it could be sent to a Slack Channel:
Or it could be sent to a CRM such as Salesforce:
This workflow assumes the following:
- Your team can authenticate to Google Sheets
- Your Google Sheet has column Headers as the first row
- New rows will be added to the bottom of this Sheet
- Rows in this spreadsheet will not ever be deleted
To configure the workflow for your own use: