(This post originally appeared on PR Newswire.)
Vonage Partners With Leading Workflow Automation Providers, iPaaS Providers and Bot Platforms to Bring Real-time Communications to Business Workflows
New partner program enables enterprises to engage customers with unique communications experiences
HOLMDEL, N.J., March 12, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Vonage (NYSE: VG), a business cloud communications leader, is placing the power of real-time communications into the hands of business users by integrating Nexmo, the Vonage API Platform, with a growing network of leading Integration-Platform-as-a-Service (iPaaS) providers, including Microsoft, MuleSoft, Built.io and Tray.io, and bot platform partners, including Google, Converse.ai, Aspect.ai, Exceed.ai and Inference. Details below.
Through the new Nexmo Partner Program, Vonage is empowering these third-party partners to utilize its suite of APIs to build innovative messaging and voice experiences for their customers within their own applications, integration projects or complementary platforms. The Partner Program works directly with application, integration and technology partners that use Nexmo APIs or a combination of APIs and consultative services to help deliver better business outcomes to customers by building and marketing applications, workflow platforms, and bots through enhanced messaging and voice capabilities.
By making the Nexmo platform communications capabilities such as voice, SMS, 2-factor authentication and text-to-speech available on their own platforms, the Nexmo Vonage API platform removes complexities of global communications for its users. Vonage's iPaaS and bot partners offer visual building tools enabling business users to easily compose workflows and conversational bot automations without writing any code.
"With the global reach and scale of the Vonage API Platform, coupled with strong partnerships, Vonage is reinventing how enterprises use communications to collaborate and engage with customers," said Tony Jamous, president of Nexmo, the Vonage API Platform. "Vonage's offering is unique among competitors, as we are creating a completely open structure where we put our innovation and tools in the hands of our partner ecosystem to accelerate market adoption and drive business success."
Vonage's Nexmo is known for offering an exceptional experience that enables developers to build communications-enabled applications. Vonage has now built a program that exposes the power of the platform to a new class of builder — the business analyst or citizen developer. Empowering those who are most familiar with business requirements for their organizations with the ability to create their own highly productive and optimized automations has the potential to yield significant increases in workplace productivity.
With Nexmo, these partners' visual building tools also free developers from having to build straightforward automation apps so that they can focus on building more complex, strategic software. These tools also reduce the overall effort required when solving a problem and accelerate feature and product delivery time.
The iPaaS and bot partner integrations demonstrate Vonage's commitment to a partnership strategy for its API platform. Its reach will continue to grow as partners seek to enhance their own platforms with enterprise-grade, global communications capabilities that will augment, and not compete, with their own products.
Vonage has partnered with several iPaaS providers to bring its Nexmo APIs to their platform offerings:
- **MuleSoft: **MuleSoft provides the leading platform for building application networks. Anypoint Platform is an advanced enterprise platform for designing, developing and managing APIs and integrations. Uniquely built as a single solution, Anypoint Platform can be deployed anywhere to reliably address both small-scale and mission-critical use cases. Nexmo's SMS API will leverage Anypoint Platform to build custom workflows for users to easily integrate real-time communication into business automation workflows, such as the ability to send order status notifications to customers via SMS from eCommerce platforms like Magento.
- Microsoft Flow, PowerApps and Logic Apps: Via Nexmo, Microsoft's suite of workflow tools allows users to embed real-time communication and turn repetitive tasks into multi-step workflows for increased employee productivity and efficiency without the need for developers to create or manage code. Examples include notifying sales representatives when a new opportunity is created on Microsoft Dynamics, or alerts for negative social posts about a company or brand, enabling the business to respond and address in real time.
- Built.io: Built.io powers the digital API economy by making it easy to integrate hundreds of business applications with Nexmo APIs, including SMS, voice, and text-to-speech (TTS), through powerful workflow automation. Businesses can connect to different cloud-enabled and on-premises business applications for marketing, sales, customer service, customer engagement and back-office automation, such as sending an automated SMS reply to a customer when a Zendesk ticket is created, or calling a customer using a TTS call when a ticket is closed.
- **Tray.io: **General automation platform Tray.io is employing the Nexmo SMS API to integrate cloud-based collaboration tools directly into accounts for mid-market and enterprise customers, enabling expanded functionality such as SMS notifications and the ability to record SMS interactions. Tray.io is also embedding the SMS API seamlessly into any CRM tool or business application and the Nexmo Verify API to validate contacts within these databases.
Bot platform partners that have already employed the Nexmo API Platform to enable direct and real-time interaction with customers include:
- Dialogflow: Focused on building conversational workflows leveraging Dialogflow and connections to the full Google product portfolio, Nexmo has added a direct connection between its SMS API and Dialogflow.
- **Converse.ai (Acquired by Smartsheet): **Chatbot provider Converse.ai integrates its graphical interface with Nexmo SMS and Voice channels, enabling developers to quickly build features such as interactive voice response (IVR) systems. Facebook Workplace and Google G Suite administrators can leverage the power and reach of real-time communications to enhance business workflows for company-wide alerts and notifications, employee shift scheduling and surveys, to name a few.
- Aspect Bot Framework: Aspect is a chatbot application development and life cycle platform with omni-channel capabilities and built-in semantic NLU. Aspect embeds Nexmo SMS APIs to create a single, centralized chatbot application, integrated into contact center infrastructure, for enhanced customer service/support, marketing or sales support. Examples include Aspect solution for healthcare appointment reminders that leverage Nexmo for SMS.
- Exceed.ai: The leading conversation automation platform for marketing and sales, Exceed.ai enables sales teams to sell more by automating lead capturing and qualification. Exceed.ai uses Nexmo SMS API to send notifications to sales reps when a potential lead is qualified and ready to speak to a rep. The Nexmo API is also used to verify a lead's phone number to increase data accuracy and the integration allows reps immediate response and action resulting in increased overall closed deals.
- Inference Solutions: Inference's conversational customer engagement platform uses Nexmo SMS API capabilities to empower its virtual agents. Using Nexmo, Inference Virtual Agents can be designed and deployed in minutes without the need for dedicated developer resources. Inference allows non-technical companies an easy pathway to modern customer engagement from simple surveying and notifications all the way to complex natural language interactions.
"This relationship is another example of MuleSoft's growing ecosystem of technology partners and solutions available through Anypoint Exchange. In today's hyper-specialized and digital world, a company's ability to leverage customer data and build a dynamic, engaging customer experience has become a key factor to success. With the MuleSoft Certified Nexmo API, MuleSoft customers are able to enhance the way they connect with their customers in new, innovative and more meaningful ways," said Brian Miller, vice president of Business Development, MuleSoft.
Mr. Jamous added, "We are thrilled to partner with these leading iPaaS providers and bot platforms to enable countless unique and vertical-specific use cases for enterprises to help them drive better customer engagement for deeper relationships and a better overall customer journey."
Vonage (NYSE: VG) is redefining business communications. True to our roots as a technology disruptor, we've embraced technology to transform how companies communicate to create better business outcomes. Our unique cloud communications platform brings together a robust unified communications solution with the agility of embedded, contextual communications APIs. This powerful combination enables businesses to collaborate more productively and engage their customers more effectively across messaging, chat, social media, video and voice.
The Company also provides a robust suite of feature-rich residential communication solutions.
Vonage Holdings Corp. is headquartered in Holmdel, New Jersey, with offices throughout the United States, Europe, Asiaand Israel. Vonage® is a registered trademark of Vonage Marketing LLC, owned by Vonage America Inc.